Warhammer 40,000 Paint Set
Warhammer 40,000 Paint Set by Games Workshop
To help you get painting and collecting in the Games Workshop Hobby, we've put together the Warhammer 40,000 Starter Paint Set. Inside you'll find a paint brush ideal for your first brushstrokes as well as nine (9) Citadel Colour paints: Blood Red, Skull White, Chaos Black, Snakebite Leather, Bad Moon Yellow, Dark Angels Green, Ultramarines Blue, Bronzed Flesh, and Boltgun Metal. You'll also find a painting guide with hints and tips on how to paint, five (5) models for you to practice on, and an overview of some of the types of armies you can find in the 41st Millennium.
Citadel Colour Paints are non-toxic, water-based acrylics, specifically formulated for use with Games Workshop's Citadel Miniatures. Some assembly is required for the models. Collecting Warhammer 40,000 armies and sending them off into combat is--obviously--a lot of fun, but the hobby can be even more satisfying in the quiet moments between the battles, when you painstakingly assemble, paint, and detail your beloved little troops. Painting can be intimidating for a newbie, but this kit and guide offer a great primer, even for the artistically challenged--an excellent booklet walks you through the process step by step, with color photos and countless tips on everything from removing flash to applying undercoat (even reminding you that it's okay to make mistakes). Even better, this set includes a full set of nine Citadel paints, two Citadel brushes (a standard and a starter), and a plastic tray--everything you need to start painting. You even get some brave guinea pigs: five plastic Space Marines ready for the worst you can dish out.
Warhammer 40,000, often referred to as Warhammer 40k, is a tabletop miniature wargame created by Games Workshop. Set in a dystopian science-fantasy universe, the game is played with physical miniatures representing futuristic soldiers, aliens, and monstrous creatures. Players assemble and paint their miniatures, build armies, and engage in strategic battles on tabletops designed with intricate terrain. The game is supported by a rich lore, novels, video games, and other media, creating an expansive universe that has captivated fans for decades.
What Makes Warhammer 40,000 Popular
- Rich Lore and Storytelling: The game's universe is filled with complex characters, factions, and narratives, providing depth and immersion for players and fans.
- Strategic Gameplay: Warhammer 40k offers a deep and engaging tactical experience, requiring players to think strategically about army composition, positioning, and tactics.
- Creative Expression: The hobby aspect of assembling, painting, and customizing miniatures allows players to express their creativity and personalize their armies.
- Community Engagement: Local gaming clubs, tournaments, and online forums foster a strong sense of community and camaraderie among players.
- Expansive Universe: The Warhammer 40k universe extends beyond the tabletop game, with novels, video games, and other media enriching the experience and attracting a wider audience.
- Continued Support and Expansion: Regular updates, new releases, and expansions keep the game fresh and evolving, maintaining interest and excitement among players.
- Collectible Aspect: The collectible nature of the miniatures and the pride in owning rare and beautifully painted models add to the game's appeal.
Warhammer 40,000's combination of strategic gameplay, creative expression, rich storytelling, and community engagement has made it a beloved and enduring hobby for many. Its influence extends beyond the tabletop, shaping a cultural phenomenon that continues to thrive and inspire.